Thursday, December 26, 2013

Welcome to my blog!

Hello Everyone,

I started this blog to connect with people who are interested in creating and discussing art. 

I am an artist who has worked in all types of media from oils to pen and ink to pastels...Previously, I did a lot of representational work. My favorite subject was animals, both domestic and wild.

Last summer I took a course in Mixed Media through Artists' Network University (ANU) taught by Lisa Cyr. She introduced me to a genre that excites and motivates me. Over the past six months, I have worked to hone my skills in mixed media and in the process, I have finally found my own style! My work now is predominantly abstract. I love exploring color and shape. I love creating abstract compositions. Mixed media has brought fun into my art; every time I go to my studio, I feel like I'm playing. I become completely engrossed in the experience of creating my art, and I thoroughly enjoy the experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment